Until I am sure that I have what it takes to be successful at this blogging business, I don’t want to fork out a lot of cash. So, I am still running the .wordpress domain and I am built on a free theme called quintus. However, within a couple of days of starting my blog, I ran across another blogger with the same theme. Artists don’t like looking the same as someone else, so I had to customize.
My first priority was a new background. I found a photo of some old wallpaper and used it as a guide to create my own tiling pattern for the background. I also made a header with similar colors. However, the style of the header and the background didn’t really jive that well, so, I have just finished a new custom header. Let me know what you think. It is based on Adobe Garamond and Bickham script, but with some mods that hopefully won’t offend any typophiles.
The old and new headers are shown below: